Tuesday, January 27, 2015

DMB final poster & moodboards

So we've just completed our DMB photoshop assignment. What I've done is a cover photo for the upcoming Chinese New Year.
Similar to the previous poster design, I tried to implement their signature mascots in there to give the potential audience a preview of what to expect from the app.

Prior to the development of the cover photo, I attempted to do some research to see if my idea would work out.

I tried uploading the cover photo on an alternate facebook page that I dont use just to verify that none of the bars are blocking the photos on the cover page. In my opinion it looks pretty good and neat.


Since Joash requested for something simple, I tried to arrange the elements to make the entire thing seem clean and direct the focus to the two mascots on screen. This scene depicts 2 parent mochis handing out a red packet to a younger 'child' mochi. 
Between's target audience are generally unmarried couples hence the rationale behind this would be to get the audience to empathise with my poster building hopefully establishing an  'emotional bond'

I felt that I placed a considerable amount of effort into this assignment by self directed learning on Youtube. I don't particularly enjoy skills that requires artistic talent because of my lack of it however I do appreciate the fact that we're learning it as it's a pretty useful and important skill to have. 
Although my artistic skills in photoshop aren't as good as some of my other group members, I hope I did a good enough job so that Joash would post it up on FB.

1 comment:

  1. Good placement of the elements in your artwork, some improvement will be that the glow on the red packet doesn't match well with the others and details on the red packet and couplets can be sharper and more detailed. Other then that great job on creating this keep up the good work! :D

    ReplyDelete