Tuesday, January 20, 2015

DMB CA2 Designs

We had a presentation on 19 Jan for CA2 of DMB, on our new designs for client Between. This time round, instead of posters, we all did Facebook header (banners). Since in SMM we will be helping out in their Facebook and Joash also agree on doing Facebook headers. In the previous CA, we did posters design on any ideas and concept we had and it goes the same for this time round but for these banners, we had to relate it to festivals theme. Thus, after thinking what I could design to link with festival, I came up with the two banners below.

Header 1: [SG50]

SG50 was one festival I chose to link to, since it is a festival that last for more than a month and is something our client wants. The concept of my header is to show the different communications methods from the past till the present, since SG50 is to celebrate the years from the origin of Singapore till the present. I choose to use communications because between is an application on smartphones for couples and I thought of the ways of communications for couples, from sending letters through pigeons in the past till present’s telephones and smartphones communications. The idea of placing it in polaroid way and linking the polaroid together came from researches online, which I originally intended to do it in film method which can be seen in my mood board. 

(MOODBOARD)

(FACEBOOK HEADER)
Feedbacks from Mr Leon: My concept is not bad but very hard to present it to show my idea clearly to viewers as if I want to do it in this way, I have to find antiques (which are hard to find) and take photos. Thus, he gave me some comments on how I can elaborate my idea and I got it and am trying to do out my new designs now but it will be becoming Chinese New Year theme instead of SG50.

Header 2: [Valentine’s Day]

I choose to do valentines is because Between is a couple app so the most related festival will be valentines. I wasn’t really able to brainstorm much on what design I should do for this as I really had no idea thus I did a very simple design which is greetings of valentines. I took photos of gifts which are normally found on valentines (roses and teddy bears) and downloaded fonts that feels like valentines then used Photoshop to do all edits. I had to admit I didn’t really had much idea on what I should do.

(FACEBOOK HEADER)
Feedbacks from Mr Leon: My concept is to simple and greetings header can be gotten from anywhere on internet thus he suggested on what design can I do to wish Happy Valentine’s Day but at the same time promote Between.

With the suggestions and feedbacks from Mr Leon, I decided to come out with new designs which are currently still under process now and will be out soon after I got my new photos taken and edits.

No comments:

Post a Comment