Sunday, February 15, 2015

Yenn Tan-Practical 05 Record of my contribution to the SMM project Entry 2

Contribution categorised by practical
Practical 2
26 Oct 2014
I emailed a F&B company, SPRUCE and got approval to work with them on their social media platforms. This was backup in the event that we found Between Sg unsuitable for the project. However, we reached consensus and I emailed them a letter of apology, declining the offer to aid them in the marketing efforts.


I also researched the current marketing effectiveness for between, breaking them down into 2 broad categories, mainly offline and online channels. I made detailed analysis through what I have observed in their social media platforms, and what Joash had mentioned to us during the meetings eg: ongoing projects in between, new partnerships. With that, I tried to empathise and evaluate their effectiveness as a strategy for Between.

Before submission, as with every report, I did my best to run through the entire document to check for grammatical and factual error and made the appropriate changes to them. This is so that our parts done by each individual would not contradict each other and to make sure that the entire report flows.
I then proceeded to evaluate their effectiveness and how I feel them could be further improved through social media marketing.
With this research, I compiled everything into presentations slides and presented my respective part in class.



Practical 3
10 – 17 December 2014
The group was split into 2 with Yak Siong and Me doing the overseas case study on Couple while Khim Xuan, Yang Ping and Amanda did the local case study.
With regards to the slides, Yak Siong and I Divided the workload equally. We vetted each other’s work to ensure that the quality was acceptable. We did this over the span of a week before we presented in front of the class.

I analysed the different social media platforms they had and evaluated their strategies. Then, as a team, we drew case studies from successful examples. This was done so that the audience would have a benchmark to gauge the effectiveness of the proposed case study, eg: description box from pewdiepie on YouTube. 


Final Presentation
After distributing the tasks equally amongst group members, we had to construct the slides to present on the 16 February 2015. Together with Khim and Amanda we would be covering strategies that we used for the campaigns. In addition I would be covering the live events that we didn't carry out. I felt that I should take responsibility and explain why we failed to execute.

Encouragement
I commented on yak siong's post regarding the dmb project!


No comments:

Post a Comment