Friday, February 13, 2015

Gan Khim Xuan -Practical 05 Record of my contributions to the SMM Project


In this semester, all of us had worked very hard for our client and contributed differently to our client as well. In this post, I am going to write out my contribution to my SMM Projects and my learning points 

October 27 2015 - Researching on How to plan a Date 



I did on a simple research on how to plan a date with your love ones. This research of planning a date is separated in to 6 parts, which is : Venue, Activity, Actions, Time, Dressing and Confidence. It basically just saying that what are the important points to take notes and some tips in these area that will help to carry out a date smoothly and able to create more memories for the couples. 

November 9 2015 - Competitors Analysis 






I did a competitor analysis for Between to find out their Strength and Weakness. Between's competitors are "LoveByte" , " Couple" and "Duet". "LoveByte" originated in Singapore and it is Between's local competitor in Singapore while Couple and Duet is Between's Overseas Competitor. These apps have their own unique functions and selling points but some of their functions are quite similar with Between. Thus, it is important to understand them so that we will know their strength and weakness.


12 November 2015 –Finding the Market Shares of Between-

I was assigned to find the Market Shares of Between in the couple app market industry. I seek help from Joash, the General Manger of VCNC SG, to ask him about the market shares of Between. However, Joash told me that the Couple App market industry is not saturated yet, thus, he is unable to calculate the Market Shares of Between. 



But, he do give me a link that shows the growth of Between and comparing with other couple apps as well. This graph shows that Between has more downloads than the rest of other Couple Apps.
Since the couple app market industry is still not saturated, i stated that the market shares value of Between was unable to calculate due to the unsaturated market industry in the report for CA1.

I have encounter certain difficulties and often seek help from my group mates, they certainly know more things than me and i will always ask them for any advice. When i was assigned to find the market shares of Between, i have tried out many ways and i was unable to find it. In a last resort, I ask my group mate whether i should approached Joash for answer and I did. Joash give a quite a good answer and even an external website that shows the growth of Between and the amount of downloads it reached last year. By looking at the graph, Between is really ahead of other Couple Apps in terms of number of downloads reached, it left them behind with a huge gap and the amount of downloads are still increasing. I also have seen the importance of knowing Between's competitor well, since all of them are from the same basic and market industry, Between must have something unique in order to stay as a top couple app. By knowing the competitor strength and weakness, Between can be enhanced into a couple app with better features,functionality and version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment