Saturday, February 14, 2015

Ngui Yak Siong - Practical 05 Record of my contributions to the SMM Project Entry 2

DMB contribution
Our DMB module is actually in line with our SMM module as a effort to help us create visual design to post on either Facebook or create promotional content to promote the brand between. This module is separated into two parts poster/banner and video and I will share my contribution to this two parts to help between.

Visual Design
For this I have help create two poster and two cover photo for between.










I was glad that I would be able to design for between as personally I think it will be a great experience for me since I trying out entrepreneurship with some of my classmates called "Qwippy" thus designing for a real life company can help me gain some ideas and tips I can use later in the future when I will be designing things for my business.

What I learned was that concept behind every artwork is important and to have a concept we must first understand the company very well before we can come up with a good concept. 

   
Video Production
After all the hard work as the editor I put together all the shots and done up the final video for between.



The content of the video was actually thought of by Joash when he told us that our original idea of a story based was gonna be very hard to do up and he recommended "5 ways to ...." which will be easier for us.  

The process of doing up the Video was tough and tedious too since I had to help draw and cut out the drawings and colour them up too.




Pre production didn't had a lot of problems, it was the post production that a lot of problem occur. When I was editing, due to improper lighting I had to use Photoshop to brighten up all the 100 plus shots and clean up some parts since the whiteboard was a bit stain here and there. Then was the lack of shots and we did not plan out that well that some scene feels very jumpy when the final editing was in process thus I had to use Photoshop to recreate some scene to lessen the jumpiness. lastly was the music in which I had to choose and cut into the perfect duration to fit into the sequence.

Overall the process was not difficult to me rather it was tedious in the things that needs to be done, for example the typing interface took me 1 hours per title and around 40 shots to put up that type out.


Behance
I uploaded my work on Behance which was the work I did for Between and surprising I got one random stranger who followed my work. I consider this as I help promote between to one person :p



1 comment:

  1. I really think that you have done a really good job with regards to all the elements. The placement of the characters really made a difference in the overall poster. You also made valid points when doing the presentations! Glad to have you as my team mate!

    ReplyDelete