Sunday, February 15, 2015

“Yang Ping-Practical 05 Record of my contributions to the SMM Project- Entry 2

 Practical 3 of this module, we were required to split into two groups, one doing overseas and one group doing local. I split the groups whereby Yenn and Yak Siong was in charge of the overseas competitor and Khim, Amanda and myself were in charge of the local company.  I told them to research on a local competitor " Lovebyte". We could only do one company as I only managed to find one and it was a famous local start up.

I split us the different social media marketing platforms they used to each of us. Khim was to do the Facebook segment, Amanda focused on their twitter while I did the Analysis on their Instagram as well as Pinterest.



Practical 4, We created "behance" account as well as an " Linkin" Account to allow ourselves to create an online resume where we can put our art works for people to see and give comments. Though it's rather scary, I thought it was quite cool to have such beneficial tools for us at this age. 


Own Ideas

For our own ideas on helping the company, though I did not come up with the ideas, I felt like i contributed a considerable amount to the team as well. Firstly, I helped arrange all meetings between the group and our client, Joash.  During these meetings, I am not confident in voicing out my questions and opinions. Therefore, I told my group mates who were more vocal to take note and mention the key points which I have pointed out that we needed in the practicals such as the company's background information, value propitiation and so on.  They did come up with their own questions and doubts to clarify as well.  


 Yenn came up with the idea of the content creation posts and I was in charge of  searching for places for couples to go. After all of us had compiled our research in a excel file,  we sent it to Joash to check. Joash replied us with feedback on how we could improve on our various captions and photos. 
Some of my team mates did not see his comments on how to improve and thus i helped them make the edits to their captions and link before sending it to Joash again for approval. Besides that,  I came up with the editorial calendar and searched for photos on " Between"'s Facebook Page for a suitable photo for every post and came up with a Post mock - up for Joash to have a clearer understanding of how the posts would look like .

After reviewing the editorial calendar, I felt like the content post we had was not equal. Therefore I researched more on my own and added in some extra posts. Thankfully Joash approved of all of them and I scheduled all the posts on the Facebook Page to go live every Mon, wed, Fri and Sunday at 12.30 pm sharp. 
After adding in new content

New content researched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment