Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sim Wan Ru Amanda-Practical 05-Record of my contributions to the SMM Project-Entry 3

Digital Media for Business
For the DMB portion of SMM, after I got my designs done, I was so happy and enthusiastic as I was once an art student and it’s been very long since I did an artwork after I graduate from O’ levels. After showing out first artwork to Joash and received his comments, I was real excited and went on further to edit my work to make it perfect and hope our client likes it. After several edits and they were satisfied with my work, I take the initiative to ask our client if they were going to use our posters designs. They agreed on using the designs on their Facebook page, and instead of just posting it individually, they decided to post it in an album indicating it’s done by SP students. Wanting to increase their Facebook page engagement rates and knowing who their loyal followers are, the album was also captioned to ask viewers to leave their feedbacks and also vote for the posters they like. This was started out with our posters from CA1 DMB, and we also moved on to ask our client if we could do the same for the new designs for Between. But for the 2nd time, designs were done for festivals and are all Facebook headers as it’s something they can use it when the festival arrive. Below are artworks done by me and prove of posting it.






Furthermore, other than posting it just in album format, when it was valentines, my header was also used and the reaction was pretty good I guess. My friends went to like the header without knowing that that was done by me.


Other than that, below’s graph can prove that the engagement of these posters are higher than the usual posts so I guess this is consider a small success in increasing the engagement rate?


For the Video Production part under DMB, before actual filming starts, we drafted out our storyboard and storyline to make sure it is a complete product before we start filming it. Me, being the director and a member of the team, I make sure I attend all filming to make sure everything goes well and on time. Before filming day, due to us doing animation, we had to get all our props and drawings ready and thus being once an art student, I took up drawings that might be harder to draw and I drew all at home before meet up to minimize wasting time during filming. During filming, I try to voice out my opinions on some parts where I think it’s not right and also try to draw any props needed that were missed out or added in to the script last minute. After filming, for post-production, I was in charge of sounds and music so I went to search for royalty free music for our video and passed it to our editor. Below is our final video after first hand video and drafts.



After the whole process of DMB, no matter if it’s video production or visual designs, I find the process fun and interesting but if under pressure of time limitations, it really gets stressed up and it’s tough to complete especially on something we just learnt for less than a year and are not very skilled in it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment